Warm up: create monsterbox top trump style attributes for each of the character.
Strength, intelligence, speed, dexterity etc…
Write character descriptions for each monster.
Create your own monster and the box it would live in. Write a character description for your monster.
A story about a shivering blue bird wants to get some heat from a sleepy porcupine.
A story about two robots, an old umbrella and an act of kindness.
An endless loop of love, sacrifice and tragic comedy.
A fisherman experiences a moment of connection with a female humpback whale in the waters off of San Francisco. Is this an example of inter-species communication or a mysterious fluke?
1) Write a journalistic recount about the event, using the fisherman as the eye witness account.
2) Write the imagined dialogue between the whale and the fisherman.
3) Write a persuasive letter about the effect of fishing nets.
4) Write the build up of how the whale got stuck there to begin with.
5) Turn the story into a playscript.
Endless ways you can turn any of these animations into units of work that inspire and engage your classes.