My review: I love this book!
I should probably say why, here are 14 reasons…
- It’s simplicity
- The bold coloured backgrounds
- The character designs
- The boy’s Breton jumper
- Sophy’s signature
- The mat finish
- The quality of the paper
- The typography on the front cover
- The bear’s pot belly
- The rhythm of the words
- The old school red telephone
- Sophy’s little puffin illustrations on the spine & title page
- The end pages
- The exquisite illustrations
The story is of a bear, who lives with a boy in a house. The bear outgrows the house. The boy tries to find his friend a more suitable home.
This is Sophy Henn’s debut picture book. I for one can’t wait for the next.
Watch this space, a Q&A with Sophy is coming soon.
Oh, you can follow Sophy on twitter @SophyHenn
Check out her lovely website www.sophyhenn.com